Thanks to George Reynolds and those organizing CHIME’s recent Leadership Academy for existing and upcoming CMIO’s. I enjoyed teaching this year with other co-faculty like Brian Patty, Natalie Pageler, Cindy Kuelbs, George, Howard Landa, Keith Fraidenburg and David Butler.
The topics we covered in our Academy over 2 days included such CMIO best hits such as:
- The Role of HIT in Today’s Provider Environment
- Setting Vision and Strategy
- Making Change Happen
- Creating Buy-In
- Demonstrating Business Value
- Budgets and Business Plans
- Creating Effective Teams
- Instilling Customer Service as a Value
- Organizational Culture
- Building Networks and Community
- Achieving Life/Work Balance
Thanks to my awesome and inspiring faculty colleagues; I learned a ton as a N00bie faculty member, and got lots of new books to read, for example Brian Patty’s “What Customers Crave.”
CMIO’s take: See one, do one, teach one is the norm during internship and residency training. Sometimes Teach One ends up being the best learning of all. And, join us next year at CMIO Leadership Academy.